- This tournament will be conducted over a period of 12 weeks in November and December. Each qualifying competitor will play a Rumble match each week they are available, earning points based on their finish placement for the week. Competitors are not tied into any subclass or loadout for the duration of the tournament, but are restricted based on the rules for matches within a given week.
- Points will be awarded using a tiered merit system centered around finish placement across all matches each week, primarily driven by kills. Additionally, after the first two weeks, a catch-up mechanic will take effect which will allow players behind in the rankings due to missing a week or prior poor performance to more quickly gain ground by defeating high-ranked players, while simultaneously rewarding consistent exceptional performance. In the three weeks, the catch-up mechanic will intensify in a sprint to the finish.
- This tournament will be administered through the clan Discord, with players registering for the tournament, selecting their weekly class, subclass, and loadout, and posting match results in a designated channel. On the backend, the tournament staff will track players' progress with a custom-built utility and post weekly standings, results, rulings, and other announcements in the same channel.
- This tournament will open to all members, beginners, and friends of Solarian Clan in good standing, as well as any active members of the Solarian Clan Discord on the PlayStation 4™ platform. To be eligible, all participants must be in good standing in the Discord, be registered with our clan stats bot, and have the ability to capture and send screenshots directly from the PS4.
- All eligible players wishing to participate will need to complete and submit a registration a form, including a working e-mail address. All tournament reminders will be sent out via Discord, Twitter, and E-Mail. Additionally, all results will be posted on the clan website and announced in a short video.
- Players are not required to play every week, but will not receive points for weeks in which they do not play. There will be no disqualifications due to not playing. Players disqualified for rules violations in previous tournaments are ineligible to participate.
- Registration for this tournament will be open from Saturday, 10 November 2018 through the start of the first match on Saturday, 24 November.
- To register, players must read these rules and complete the registration form found at https://solarian.net/registration.
- Once registered, players will be given access to the #outlaws-rising Discord channel, for the posting of match results ONLY.
- Players in the tournament may participate in one (1) PvP Rumble match each week.
- A scheduled match will be held each Saturday, at varying times. These matches will be posted in the #outlaws-rising channel, managed by @Charlemagne's LFG tools. To RSVP and claim a slot in a particular match, simply select the "+" icon beneath the match time of your choosing. Up to six (6) players can participate in a single match. If more than six players which to participate, multiple matches should held, with players breaking into groups of four.
- Additionally, (an) ad-hoc match(es) may be scheduled by any participant unable to make Saturday's scheduled match. To schedule this match, go to the #tournament-discussions channel and issue the command "?lfg create", and follow the prompts. Select the "Crucible", "Quickplay", and "Playstation" options as the appear and set the match description to "Week # Ad hoc" (replacing # with the week number you're scheduling the match for).
- ALL MATCHES MUST HAVE AT LEAST FOUR COMPETITORS TO BE VALID.
- Upon completion of the match, all players should use the "Share" button on their controller to capture the Post-game Carnage Report (PGCR). One player from the match should either post the screenshot directly to #outlaws-rising or attach it in a PS Message to soren42. Please do not take photographs of the screen and submit them, as the results are being processed by a program.
- Players will be awarded points based on their finish rank, as determined across all matches held, first on the number kills they obtained, and second on the amount of damage done. Scoring details may be found in the section below entitled, "Scoring"
- If all competitors compete in a match prior to the end of the day on Saturday, an additional "Foothold" match will be scheduled during the current tournament week, allowing players the opportunity to obtain a small amount of additional points during the week.
- At the conclusion of each week, a leaderboard will be posted with all competitors cumulative point tallies and current rankings. Those standings will remain in effect until the following week's leaderboard is posted (for scoring purposes, as indicated below).
- If a competitor is unable to participate in a given week, they simply will not receive any points that week.
- Players may change their class and subclass from week to week. Each will feature different loadout rules, ranging from "Anything Goes" to curated loadouts. More on each loadout's rules can be found below in the section "Loadouts". Players may not change their class, subclass, weapon loadouts, perks, or options once a match begins. All players are required to go to the #outlaws-rising channel and issue the command "?loadout" and display the loadout they will be using prior to match start.
The following private match settings should be employed by the fireteam leader (selected at random by the match participants):
- Game Type: Rumble
- Match Time Limit: 30 minutes
- Match Score Limit: 125
- Respawn Timer: 2 seconds
- The map changes from week to week. The weekly map is listed on the schedule, along with loadout details for the week.
- The match ends when either 30 minutes has elapsed or a player has reached 125 kills.
Scoring is a points-based system with four model of progressive rewards based on finish rank.
— This model is intended to establish a points base for the first two weeks
- First place: 100 points
- Second place: 80 points
- Third place: 60 points
— This model is intended to be used for the majority of the tournament; it includes a modest catch-up mechanic
- First place: 100 points + 15% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player on the leaderboard possesses (does not include players who do not play a match during a given week)
- Second place: 80 points + 10% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player
- Third place: 60 points + 5% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player
— This model is intended to be used for the final weeks of the tournament; it includes a significant catch-up mechanic
- First place: 120 points + 25% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player
- Second place: 100 points + 20% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player
- Third place: 80 points + 10% of the difference between the player's starting points and number of points the top participating player
— This model is only intended for use during extra bonus matches; it only includes a small point boost for competitors
- First place: 20 points
- Second place: 10 points
- Third place: 5 points
Just as with scoring models, there are multiple loadout rules that change from week to week. Players may use any class or subclass each week, but make not change subclass perks, weapon perks, or loadouts once the match has begun. All players must issue the "?loadout" command in the #outlaws-rising channel prior to match start. Here are the loadout rules that will be employed in the tournament:
- Anything Goes: Players may use any weapons. Power and exotic weapons are permitted.
- Heavy Prohibited: Players may use any weapons. Use of power weapons or the collection of heavy ammo is prohibited.
- Curated loadout (Pulses): Players must only use legendary pulse rifles in their kinetic and energy slot. Use of power weapons or the collection of heavy ammo is prohibited.
- Curated loadout (Scout/Fusion): Players must only use a legendary kinetic scout rifle and a legendary energy fusion rifle. Use of power weapons or the collection of heavy ammo is prohibited.
- Curated loadout (Hand Cannons): Players must only use legendary hand cannons in their kinetic and energy slot. Use of power weapons or the collection of heavy ammo is prohibited.
- Curated loadout (Grenade Launcher/Sidearm): Players must only use a legendary kinetic sidearm and the Fighting Lion exotic grenade launcher. Use of power weapons or the collection of heavy ammo is prohibited.
- Abilities only: Players are prohibited from using any type of weapons. Only melee, grenade, super, and class abilities may be used.
- No microphone or headset is required, as the participants are not required to speak to each other during the course of the matches.
- Any disagreement or conflict will be decided solely by the clan admin team. Additionally, we reserve the right to modify the terms or format of the contest or the standing of any player at any time to ensure the smooth operation of the tournament.
- The first place winner will receive a US$10 PSN Gift Card and the title of "Grand Champion" in the clan Discord. The second and third place finishers will receive the title of "Crucible Champion" in the clan Discord.